Lessons in Legitimacy : Colonialism, Capitalism, and the Rise of State Schooling in British Columbia (HC)
Adult Education, College, University
Share this product
Between 1849 and 1930, schooling in what is now British Columbia supported the development of a capitalist settler society. Lessons in Legitimacy examines government-assisted schooling for Indigenous and non-Indigenous peoples – public schools, Indian Day Schools, and Indian Residential Schools – in one analytical frame. Sean Carleton demonstrates how church and state officials administered different school systems that trained Indigenous and settler children and youth to take up and accept unequal roles in the emerging social order. This important study reveals how an understanding of the historical uses of schooling can inform contemporary discussions about the role of education in reconciliation and improving Indigenous–settler relations. Sean Carleton is a settler scholar. This book contains 30 b&w photos, 4 maps.
GoodMinds.com understands that sometimes products do not fit the needs of our customers for one reason or another. Subject to reasonable conditions, you can return items for credit toward a future purchase. Therefore, when returning products, we ask that you follow the steps outlined below:
Before You Return Products
Call a GoodMinds.com Customer Service Representative toll free at 1-888-889-9277 or at (519) 753-1185. In our effort to fully satisfy our customers, we need to understand any problem that you may have had with a purchased item. In the event that return is necessary, you need to obtain a valid Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number first. The following conditions apply:
1. The 30-day return time period begins on the date product(s) were received. Your account will be credited and available for your next purchase.
2. Shipping and Handling charges are NOT refundable/creditable.
3. Please have your invoice number available, (located on the top right corner).
4. Products MUST be returned in original condition.
5. Your returned kits MUST contain ALL original material.
6. Please do not write anywhere on the item or original manufacturers label or packaging.
7. Include a copy of your invoice and RMA number with the returned package.
8. Returns may be rejected if the product has been damaged during shipment. To prevent shipping damage, pack products securely in an EXTERNAL carton.
9. Please call a GoodMinds.com Customer Service Representative to receive your RMA number. No returns will be accepted without a valid RMA number!