Keeper'n Me has been reissued in this 2006 reprint. Ojibwe newspaper columnist, Richard Wagamese weaves a fascinating story about an Ojibwe man who was taken by Children's Aid as a child and after a series of foster homes finally escapes. Unfortunately his freedom is curtailed when life on the streets results in jail time. To his good fortune his Ojibwe family locates him and he returns to the reserve. The homecoming is at times humourous, poignant and emotional. An integral part of this return is a return to Ojibwe spiritual teachings that were denied to him. Expertly woven into the story-line and dialogue are specific teachings about smudging, the drum, the land, the animals, the four directions, the stories and the role of Elders. The important roles of men and women are explained to the youth who has only been seen all that is negative about the patriarchal system. This is a positive story that provides a unique bridge to understand traditional oral teachings through the written word. This important contribution to Aboriginal literature is accessible to high school students as well as post-secondary and adult readers. Keeper'n Me is a grade 10, 11, and 12 authorized student support for English Language Arts courses in Alberta. ATOS Reading Level: 5.3. Novel Study Guide: https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0ATi1o7Pbse1tZGZucTVicWRfMzRmZG1qdDlkeA. Author Website: http://www.richardwagamese.com/.
GoodMinds.com understands that sometimes products do not fit the needs of our customers for one reason or another. Subject to reasonable conditions, you can return items for credit toward a future purchase. Therefore, when returning products, we ask that you follow the steps outlined below:
Before You Return Products
Call a GoodMinds.com Customer Service Representative toll free at (877) 8 NATIVE (877-862-8483) or at (519) 753-1185. In our effort to fully satisfy our customers, we need to understand any problem that you may have had with a purchased item. In the event that return is necessary, you need to obtain a valid Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number first. The following conditions apply:
1. The 30-day return time period begins on the date product(s) were received. Your account will be credited and available for your next purchase.
2. Shipping and Handling charges are NOT refundable/creditable.
3. Please have your invoice number available, (located on the top right corner).
4. Products MUST be returned in original condition.
5. Your returned kits MUST contain ALL original material.
6. Please do not write anywhere on the item or original manufacturers label or packaging.
7. Include a copy of your invoice and RMA number with the returned package.
8. Returns may be rejected if the product has been damaged during shipment. To prevent shipping damage, pack products securely in an EXTERNAL carton.
9. Please call a GoodMinds.com Customer Service Representative to receive your RMA number. No returns will be accepted without a valid RMA number!