First Nations Child & Family Caring Society of Canada
Share this product
Spirit Bear : pêcher le savoir, attraper des rêves / Spirit Bear: Fishing for Knowledge, Catching Dreams, written by Cindy Blackstock and illustrated by Amanda Strong, is based on the story of Shannen Koostachin and her dream for safe and comfy schools for every First Nations student in Canada. This book honours the ancestors and Elders who are keepers of traditional knowledge, the children they share this Knowledge with, the Residential School survivors who passed on as much good as they could to generations.Through the curiosity of Spirit Bear asking many question of his Grandpa Bearbine, Grandma Blueberry and Uncle Huckleberry he learns how Elders taught children about respect, care, and kindness but also language, cooking, and storytelling. They taught children about knowledge handed down from ancestors and to live a good life through this knowledge. Telling the story of residential schools, equality in educational resources and drawing on Shannon's Dream, Spirit Bear learns that while some First Nations schools are getting some resources, students continue to write to government to improve First Nations schools including access to high schools close to home. A learning guide is available from: https://fncaringsociety.com/publications/learning-guide-spirit-bear-fish... Selected title for the First Nation Communities READ Children's Category 2019/2020.
GoodMinds.com understands that sometimes products do not fit the needs of our customers for one reason or another. Subject to reasonable conditions, you can return items for credit toward a future purchase. Therefore, when returning products, we ask that you follow the steps outlined below:
Before You Return Products
Call a GoodMinds.com Customer Service Representative toll free at (877) 8 NATIVE (877-862-8483) or at (519) 753-1185. In our effort to fully satisfy our customers, we need to understand any problem that you may have had with a purchased item. In the event that return is necessary, you need to obtain a valid Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number first. The following conditions apply:
1. The 30-day return time period begins on the date product(s) were received. Your account will be credited and available for your next purchase.
2. Shipping and Handling charges are NOT refundable/creditable.
3. Please have your invoice number available, (located on the top right corner).
4. Products MUST be returned in original condition.
5. Your returned kits MUST contain ALL original material.
6. Please do not write anywhere on the item or original manufacturers label or packaging.
7. Include a copy of your invoice and RMA number with the returned package.
8. Returns may be rejected if the product has been damaged during shipment. To prevent shipping damage, pack products securely in an EXTERNAL carton.
9. Please call a GoodMinds.com Customer Service Representative to receive your RMA number. No returns will be accepted without a valid RMA number!