Monique Gray Smith is an award-winning, bestselling author and public speaker. Her books cover a broad spectrum of ages, topics and emotions. Danielle Daniel is an award-winning author and illustrator of books for children and adults.
You hold me up. I hold you up. We hold each other up.
Encourage children to show love and support for each other and to consider each other’s well-being in their everyday actions.
Award-winning author and international speaker Monique Gray Smith wrote You Hold Me Up to prompt a dialogue among young people, their care providers and educators about reconciliation and the importance of the connections children make with others. With vibrant illustrations from award-winning author and illustrator Danielle Daniel, this is a foundational book about building relationships, fostering empathy and encouraging respect between peers, starting with our littlest citizens. This book contains full colour images.
AICL's Best Books 2017, Commended Quill & Quire's kidlit and YA Books of the Year 2017, Commended Resource Links The Year's Best 2017, Commended Bank Street College Best Children's Books of the Year starred selection 2018, Commended Global Read Aloud 2018, Commended CCBC Best Books 2018, Commended Marilyn Baillie Picture Book Award 2018, Short-listed TD Summer Reading List 2020, Commended.
You Hold Me Up has been selected in the Children’s Category Longlist for First Nation Communities READ 2018.
GoodMinds.com understands that sometimes products do not fit the needs of our customers for one reason or another. Subject to reasonable conditions, you can return items for credit toward a future purchase. Therefore, when returning products, we ask that you follow the steps outlined below:
Before You Return Products
Call a GoodMinds.com Customer Service Representative toll free at 1-888-889-9277 or at (519) 753-1185. In our effort to fully satisfy our customers, we need to understand any problem that you may have had with a purchased item. In the event that return is necessary, you need to obtain a valid Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number first. The following conditions apply:
1. The 30-day return time period begins on the date product(s) were received. Your account will be credited and available for your next purchase.
2. Shipping and Handling charges are NOT refundable/creditable.
3. Please have your invoice number available, (located on the top right corner).
4. Products MUST be returned in original condition.
5. Your returned kits MUST contain ALL original material.
6. Please do not write anywhere on the item or original manufacturers label or packaging.
7. Include a copy of your invoice and RMA number with the returned package.
8. Returns may be rejected if the product has been damaged during shipment. To prevent shipping damage, pack products securely in an EXTERNAL carton.
9. Please call a GoodMinds.com Customer Service Representative to receive your RMA number. No returns will be accepted without a valid RMA number!